Prescribed the drug Xarelto? Get Legal help in Rockaway NJ 07866
Rockaway Xarelto Lawyer - Serving Rockaway and surrounding areas. Highly trusted for over 15 years!Call Now! (888) 567-4585
GET A FREE QUOTE NOW - CALL (888) 567-4585
The National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) recently issued its final appraisal determination on the use of Rivaroxaban (also known as Xarelto) as an alternative to Warfarin for the treatment of Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) and the prevention of recurrent DVT.
Up until now, Warfarin has been the standard treatment, but it requires regular monitoring by blood tests (INR), dosage adjustments and people taking Warfarin need to careful about their diet, because Warfarin can interact with certain foods. Rivaroxaban does not require regular monitoring and it represents a potential benefit to people who have had a DVT.
Rivaroxaban is recommended as an option for treating DVT and preventing recurrent DVT and Pulmonary Embolism Thromboembolism (PET) after a diagnosis of acute DVT in adults.
In relation to DVT, prevention is better than cure so here are my tips for DVT prevention.
Tips for avoiding a DVT
- Maintain an active lifestyle and exercise regularly — daily, if possible. Walking, swimming, and bicycling are all great activities.
- Manage your weight with exercise as well as by eating a healthy diet.
- If you smoke, quit!! Nicotine therapy (in patches, gums, or sprays) and support groups can make this much easier to do.
- Get your blood pressure checked regularly; take steps to lower it, if necessary.
- Report any family or personal history of blood-clotting problems to your doctor.
- Discuss alternatives to the contraceptive pill or hormone-replacement therapy with your doctor.
- If you are on a plane for more than 4 hours, either walk or do leg stretches in your seat and also stay well-hydrated and avoid alcohol consumption.
- If you are going into hospital, make sure you have a “risk assessment” and that you are considered for anti-thrombosis socks and blood thinning injections.
Clinical-effectiveness data from a trial comparing Rivaroxaban with Enoxaparin and a vitamin K antagonist in people with venous DVT and PET was applied in the NICE decision-making as was Enoxaparin and a vitamin K antagonist as the key comparator. The NICE Committee concluded that the difference in dosage did not appear to be clinically significant and was satisfied that the comparators used in the trial represented routine and best practice in the NHS.
If you or a loved one were prescribed the drug Xarelto and faced adverse reactions get the legal assistance you need in Rockaway NJ 07866.
Drug Alert: Xarelto Side Effects
It has been discovered that Xarelto can cause severe internal bleeding that can be fatal. Unlike other blood thinning medications, there are no known antitodes for this side effect.
Unfortunately, taking this drug has been associated with various serious side effects. They can include:
- Fatal internal bleeding
- Excessive or uncontrolled bleeding
- Retinal hemorrhages
- Epidural hematoma
- Pulmonary embolism
- Decreased hemoglobin
- Adrenal bleeding
- Deep vein thrombosis (DVT)
- Intracranial hemorrhages
Other common side effects caused by Xarelto can include:
- Low blood pressure
- Muscle pain
Xarelto can also cause patients to bleed more easily, especially if they have:
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure
- Other bleeding disorders
What is unique about Xarelto is that unlike other anticoagulants, there are no blood monitoring or dietary restrictions necessary when taking it.
Blood thinners are known to cause excessive bleeding. If this occurs with other drugs, such as Coumadin, an antidote (vitamin K) can be given to offset the bleeding. Xarelto has no known antidote, so it is more dangerous than other blood thinners.
Xarelto Lawyer in Rockaway New Jersey
According to the Institute for Safe Medication Practices, Xarelto has been associated with “serious disabling or fatal injury.”
If you have been injured by this drug, it is important to take prompt action. If you or a loved one has taken Xarelto and experienced an uncontrolled bleeding event, it is important to know that you may be entitled to compensation or reimbursement for your injuries, including:
- medical expenses
- pain and suffering
- loss of income
Are you looking for a Xarelto law firm to file a Xarelto bleeding lawsuit? Our Law Firm has attorneys who are experienced in defective drug cases against pharmaceutical companies, so contact one of our Xarelto lawyers in Rockaway today to see how we can help you.
[ssyelp location="Rockaway NJ" term="Xarelto Lawyer" limit="10"]